Fun with Becky Miller
YOU KNOW YOU’RE HAVING A BECKY MILLER DAY WHEN…
In The Secret Life of Becky Miller, Becky needs her secret life because her real life is often so overwhelming and frustrating. Most women can relate! Below is a checklist to help you figure out whether you’re having a Becky Miller day. When you’re finished with the checklist, be sure to take the Becky Miller Character quiz above—it’s a great way to find out which of Becky Miller’s friends you’re most like.
You know you’re having a Becky Miller day when:
- You ban toy weapons from the house, so your three-year-old nibbles his graham cracker into the shape of a gun.
- Your fourth-grader brings home a school essay on “Why God Made Moms” and has written, “She’s the only one who knows where the stapler is.”
- Your potty-training son finally remembers to flush the toilet—but it’s when you’re in the shower.
- You tell your children, “Yes.” And then you can’t remember what they asked.
- You find yourself fantasizing about setting your laser printer on stun.
- Your preteen is so plugged in with I-pods, instant messages, and cell phones that you have to send her an email to find out how her day was.
- Your kindergartner overhears you tell a friend your New Years resolution is to drink less pop, so she tells her teacher, “Mommy has a drinking problem.”
- At the church potluck, you automatically lean over and cut the food of the man next to you into bite-size pieces.
- Your kids won’t eat their lunch, because their grapes touched their sandwich. But when they go outside to play, they eat bugs and worms.
- You put both contact lenses in the same eye.
- Your three-year-old wakes you up in the morning by telling you that hamsters make funny noises when you let them swim in the toilet.